Kingdom Colors Home Education Community Family Event Release – Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
In consideration of being permitted to attend Kingdom Colors Home Education Community (“KCHEC Events”), and on behalf of myself and my minor children as well as any minor children attending with me and identified below (collectively “Participants”), I hereby:
1. Agree to indemnify and save and hold the Kingdom Colors Home Education Community, their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents (collectively “KCHEC”) harmless from any liability, loss, damage or cost that may occur or be incurred due to the Participants’ participation in KCHEC Events.
2. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue KCHEC from all liability to Participants for any loss or damages, and any claim or demands on account of injury to or resulting in death of Participants, whether caused by the negligence of KCHEC or of any other person.
3. Assume full responsibility for and risk of bodily injury or death, whether due to the negligence of the KCHEC or otherwise. I expressly acknowledge and understand that accidents and injuries may occur while at KCHEC Events and expressly assume all of the risks due to the negligence of KCHEC and any others participating or contributing to KCHEC Events.
4. Expressly agree, permit and assume the risk of any medical treatment which may be rendered and agree to expressly release and indemnify KCHEC from any liability for providing, or failing to provide, any emergency medical treatment.
5. I understand that I am solely responsible for the welfare and safety of myself and my minor children or any minor children accompanying me to KCHEC Events, and I agree to supervise my minor children or any minor children accompanying me to KCHEC events, and that KCHEC shall have no obligation to supervise Participants or any other individuals attending KCHEC Events. I further understand that KCHEC will not provide insurance for Participants at KCHEC Events, and that Participants’ personal insurance will apply.
6. I agree to help encourage a safe and respectful atmosphere at KCHEC Events by discussing with my family the responsibilities of being in a group that consists of a variety of ages — young children, teens and adults. I agree to refrain from engaging in illegal activities of any kind, and I understand that I am solely responsible for the activities of myself and my minor children and any minor children accompanying me to KCHEC Events.
7. I understand that Participants often take photos during KCHEC Events and I agree that these photos may be used on KCHEC’s website, Facebook, Twitter, and in KCHEC publications. I further expressly agree that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of North Carolina, and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.